Saturday, January 26, 2013

Well...

This will probably be the last post for this blog for a long time coming. 

On Thursday, my LPO called me into his office.  He said he spoke to his superior about my fluctuation in weight and his superior gave me the bottom line: If I don't get under 160lbs by the first of February, then out of DEP I go.  I was given this information on January 24th.  So, that's another week they're expecting me to purge and not just get to my max weight, but under it, by at least five pounds.

Honestly, if they don't want me in the Navy, I honestly wish they'd just say so.  I know, I know.  Don't take it personally, you're probably saying.  They just want physically fit individuals who won't slow the entire team down.  They're just looking at numbers. Or whatever.  Please, just save the jive, because I'm just done with wasting my time with people.
Physically fit, they want?: I went from only being able to run a wheezing and sweaty five minutes to an almost breezy 11:46 minutes; continuously.  I've gone from barely pumping out 3 push ups to going a decent ten; no it's not a lot, but it's a hell of a lot more than the teeny boppers that go through that office.  My curl-ups are from 15 to 30 if I push myself.  No, I'm not a SEAL, but damnit what else can you really expect from a new recruit?  I'm not exactly a two ton anchor.  So, excuse me if I do take it remotely personally when I'm just a few digits to someone.

So, this is another dream down... I suppose I should start another blog when I find another dream I want to chase, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment