Thursday, January 17, 2013

Crisis Alert: Return to Stations

First off, I have no idea if the title is an actual military term, so just bear with me.

A few weeks ago, there was a DEP meeting and weights were taken.  I stepped on: I was a whopping 171lbs.  It was the most disheartening thing in the world for me at the time.  A day or so later, my LPO called me to let me know he was putting me on mandatory PT, which consists of me waking up and catching the bus at 8 am to arrive at the office at 9am and run around in the field outside for 45 minutes, everyday, four days out of the week.  Not going to lie, it’s pretty annoying.

Yet, two weeks have gone by, and I will admit that the running has helped some.  I’ve gone from 171lbs to 162-163lbs and have clocked myself going 13 minutes running continuously.  So, I’m actually not in a complaining mood as I write this.  Plus, everyone in the office sees me everyday, so I don’t have to worry about calling in on Mondays, which I almost always for get to do.  So, yes, the waking up early in the morning to ride with stinky people is a bit of an inconvenience, it will show that I am trying and it is helping. 

Hopefully, I can get under 160lbs by April, which is the deadline they’re giving me before they officially toss me out.  Surprisingly, I’m not really worried.  Knowing I did my best and I’m improving each day kind of feels like it’s enough for me.

Once my week starts back up again, I’m gonna see if I meet any of my fitness requirements or PRT (I believe it’s called).  I’ll keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment